Friday, March 12, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow...

Or in our case 'gone today'.
Lilli has done the un-thinkable and cut her own hair.  Which for those who know her is hard to believe because this is the very same little girl who tears up at the slight mention of a trim..
She wanted her hair past her bottom.  It was close to it. Just past her waist.
She wanted to be Rapunzel.
After she went in her room and was a little too quiet I went to see what she was up to to find her bending to the side, singing softly and snipping away at one side of her hair.  Her shortest bit she cut came to just her nose!
I didn't scream (I wanted to), I just asked her what she was up to while staring at ALL this hair on her floor to which she replied "I'm having a haircut, you want one?"
I thought once she knew what she had done she'd cry. But no.
We went to the hairdresser straight away to see what could be done to 'fix' it.  Over 20cm had to be cut off, that's what could be done to fix it.
Anyway she loves it!  I love it too.
Check out the before and afters.
See the first image?  That's how much she cut off on her own!
Have a happy day.

Ange xx

2 comments:

  1. It does look really cute at the shorted length. I live in dread of one of my girls cutting their own hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have freaked too....but I love her new do! Looks gorgeous on her.
    Kids, don't you love em ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete